HANG SENG INDEX STOCKS LIST
We provide you a full list of Hang Seng Index stocks and companies below. When you think of the Chinese Economy, you should think of Hang Seng Index. Named after the largest bank which is also one of Hong Kong’s largest listed companies founded in 1993.
The name Hang Seng actually means “ever-growing” which is incredibly fitting because that is what banks, and YOUR investments should do…right?
This index is a free floating adjusted market capitalization-weighted stock-market index in China (try say that mouthful 10 times fast).
Hang Seng is located in Hong Kong which is a major city in Asia for economic activity. Hong Kong means “fragrant harbor” probably because it has always been a hotbed for worldly trade.
The Hang Seng is used to record and monitor daily changes of the largest companies of the Hong Kong market and is look at as the main indicator of the overall market performance in China.
Make sure to register for our free trading courses below if you want to need more help trading.
Get Your Free Courses ($3,000+ Value)
Hang Seng Index Stocks List – Breakdown of Companies 2021
ETF’s Stocks List: Hang Seng Index
|EWH: IShares MSCI Hong Kong ETF|
|FXI: IShares China Large-Cap ETF|
|FHK: First Trust Hong Kong AlphaDEX ETF|
|TAO: Guggenheim China Real Estate ETF|
|HAHA: CSOP China CSI 300 A-H Dynamic ETF|
Futures: Hang Seng Index List
|HSI: mini futures|
Commerce & Industry
|0001 CK Hutchison Holdings Limited|
|0019 Swire Group|
|0027 Galaxy Entertainment Group Ltd.|
|0066 MTR Corporation Ltd|
|0151 Want Want China Holdings Ltd|
|0175 Geely Auto|
|0267 CITIC Pacific Ltd|
|0288 WH Group|
|0386 Sinopec Corp|
|0669 Techtronic Industries|
|0700 Tencent Holdings Limited|
|0762 China Unicom (Hong Kong) Limited|
|0857 PetroChina Company Limited|
|0883 CNOOC Ltd|
|0941 China Mobile Ltd|
|1044 Hengan International Group Co. Ltd|
|1088 China Shenhua Energy|
|1093 CSPC Pharmaceutical Group Ltd|
|1177 Sino Biopharm|
|1928 Sands China|
|2018 AAC Tech|
|2313 Shenzhou International|
|2319 Mengniu Dairy|
|2382 Sunny Optical|
|0002 CLP Holdings Limited|
|0003 Hong Kong and China Gas Company Limited|
|0006 Power Assets Holdings Limited|
|1038 Cheung Kong Infrastructure Holdings Limited|
|0012 Henderson Land Development Company Limited|
|0016 Sun Hung Kai Properties Limited|
|0017 New World Development Company Limited|
|0083 Sino Land Company Limited|
|0101 Hang Lung Properties Limited|
|0688 China Overseas Land & Investment Limited|
|0823 The Link REIT|
|1109 China Resources Land Limited|
|1113 CK Property Holdings Limited|
|1997 Wharf Real Estate Investment Company Limited|
|2007 Country Garden|
|0005 HSBC Holdings plc|
|0011 Hang Seng Bank Ltd|
|0388 HKEx Limited|
|0939 China Construction Bank|
|1299 AIA Group Limited|
|1398 Industrial and Commercial Bank of China|
|2318 Ping An Insurance|
|2388 BOC Hong Kong (Holdings) Ltd|
|2628 China Life|
|3328 Bank of Communications Ltd|
|3988 Bank of China Ltd|
What Is Hang Seng Index?
- Hang Seng has been established since 1933 and it today serves over 3.5 million local residents with roughly 280 branches located in Hong Kong. Hang Seng’s parent company is HSBC which presently owns a more than 60% equity interest in the bank.
- Facts you should know about China before investing in their economy:
- China is a socialist country and thus has a socialist economic system controlled by the People’s Republic of China. The system is based on the predominance of public ownership and state-owned enterprises within the market economy.
- The Chinese military is expanding, especially its naval forces in the south sea, and escalating geopolitical tensions in the area. How will this affect the stock market? That is yet to be seen. No country wants war, but it does appear that the military buildup has caught the attention of the US and other nations.
- China is a major exporter. Their top exports are broadcasting equipment , computers like ($AAPL devices), office machine parts (like Xerox). Semiconductors (hello $AMD) and telephones (mostly cell phones). Also furniture, lighting, and miscellaneous plastics and plastic items.
Get Your Free Courses ($3,000+ Value)
How to Trade the Hang Seng Index $HSI?
Options trading is one of the most popular ways to capitalize on the $HSI. You can trade ETF’s when this index is falling. Some popular strategies are buying naked puts, which is the most profitable but also the most risky strategy. One of the most popular and safest strategies is to buy call credit spreads as this index is falling. Once the reversal takes place then you might look into naked call options or safer strategies such as put credit spreads.
You’re more than welcome to ask questions and learn from our community members. We love having a family feel instead of being all about your membership fees. Start your trial with our community.