If you’re looking to learn how to get started in the stock market and become a profitable trader then you’ve come to the right place. We are going to layout some very simplified steps on what it’s going to take to become a successful trader.
Before we begin…we just want to forewarn you. You might not like what you’re about to hear!
Trading is hard and over 90% of traders will fail. That’s just a statistical fact.
We are not ashamed to tell you this truth. If hearing this reality helps you to determine that trading might not be a good fit for you then we’ve accomplished part of our mission. We aren’t trying to discourage you.
The Bullish Bears team is all about telling it like it is. We aren’t a bunch of sugar-coaters. We’re all about helping you, and not taking your money. We’d rather you protect your brokerage account than blow it up if trading isn’t right for you.
If you want to become a successful trader then it’s going to take hard work, pure and simple. It’s going to take blood, sweat, and tears. There’s absolutely no short cut to success as a trader.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET
You’re potentially going to need to study many of hours of videos and charts before trading starts to make sense. And, even then you’re potentially going to need to make at least a couple hundred practice trades to help you overcome the emotions of trading. Even after doing all of this, the odds of being a successful trader are still stacked against you.
If this sounds exhausting, then maybe trading isn’t for you, and that’s okay. Investing long term is a smart, and easy way to set yourself up for financial freedom too. Financial advisers are plentiful and an irreplaceable profession. Not everyone wants to learn this stuff or will get it. Just keeping it real.
If you’ve looked around at other stock market companies or guru’s, you’ve probably seen some enticing things. Maybe you’ve seen them in front of fancy jets, expensive cars, sitting in front of stacks of cash, and half naked models hanging all over them?
These companies are selling you a false lifestyle. A pipe dream. They aren’t selling you on the realities of becoming a successful trader. Their fantasies aren’t the reality!
If these things motivate you, then yes, you can achieve them if you bust your butt and put in the effort as a trader.
You won’t ever see Tim, Dan, or Lucien promoting these things within the Bullish Bears community. We aren’t judging by any means. We respect many of these other traders and companies. It’s just not our style.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – HARD WORK
If you want to succeed as a trader and want to join our community then get ready to come to work every single day. Get ready to put in the blood, sweat, and tears.
We’ve laid out some simple steps below on how to become a profitable trader but they aren’t easy. Again, trading is hard and you have to be willing to do whatever it takes to succeed. Only the strong will survive.
We’re not about hearing any excuses.
Again, we’re about helping you, and not hurting you. Do we like money? Absolutely! However, we don’t want money at the expense of others misfortunes.
If you’re new to the stock market, then don’t expect to make money for at least a few months. There’s a huge learning curve, and if you are expecting to make money right off the bat then that’s a perfect way to blow up your brokerage account. That’s not realistic.
It’s important to treat trading like a business or an education. There are costs that are associated with becoming a profitable business. There are tools that you’re going to need just like you would in any business. And, you’re going to need to invest in your education before you’re ever going to make money. However, do not purchase any tools until you can afford them. We don’t want you wasting any money.
Invest in yourself first, be patient, put in the hard work, and then the money will come down the road.
So, now that we’ve laid it on the line…are you ready to Get Started?
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – DAILY PROCESS
(The following 2 sections are for paid Deluxe Members only!) Upgrade to Deluxe Here!
- Input our daily and swing trade watch lists that we email out each night into the watch list section of your brokerage account. Here’s how to import on ThinkorSwim. You’ll need to manually input our watch lists into any other brokerage account.
- Take our trade alerts setups that we email out each night and upload them into your brokerage account by 9:15 am each morning. (Make sure to enable alerts by email or text in your brokerage account). Please read how our trade alerts work before you make any trades. Also, please read our disclaimer!
- Map out support and resistance areas on your charts for the stocks on whichever of our watch lists that you are trading. (Make sure to watch our watch list videos for assistance)
- Log into your Bullish Bears account with your email address and password located at the top right of our website on a browser or the bottom of the page on mobile.
- Enter the trading room of your choosing by 9:15 am.
- Be ready to watch our live streams each morning by 9:15 am by clicking on our Live Streaming page. Our live streaming links are updated each morning on this page.
- We share our live Trade Ideas screen sharing link each day for our Deluxe members. Trade Ideas link is posted on the Live Streaming page every morning by 9:15 am. When you are ready to upgrade and purchase you own copy of Trade Ideas click here.
- Look at the top gappers on Trade Ideas and compare them with what’s on our watch list, and then narrow your watch list down to a target list of about 3-5 stocks. (Maybe less if you’re swing trading or options trading)
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – DAILY PROCESS CONTINUED…
- Make sure to read our Disclaimer first before making any trades! As a reminder…we aren’t licensed brokers or investment advisers. We are traders at the mercy of the markets.
- Once the bell opens, focus on your targeted watch list, what’s popping up on Trade Ideas, and what people are talking about in our trade rooms. (Never take a trade based on anything anyone else is saying!)
- If the set up looks good, you’ve mapped out support and resistance, have predetermined entries and exits, and you’re feeling confident, then make the decision to enter into a trade.
- As a reminder, we are not stock pumpers, so we don’t call out entries and exits to our members. We call out support and resistance levels real-time, however, we will not tell you when to enter and exit trades.
- On your off time, study at least 1- 2 hours per day, if possible, until you feel comfortable following the steps above. Take our free stock market courses (included in your membership), read our recommended stock market books, and do research using sites like StockCharts.com, Investopedia, and YouTube.
- Ask questions and participate in our Facebook trading community, and our trading rooms. A solid community of support will help you along on your trading journey. Trading is hard and having support from your peers is fundamental.
- Discipline yourself to follow these steps every single day until you are a consistent and profitable trader.
- When you think that you’ve arrived as a trader; stay disciplined, never get too cocky, keep studying, keep practicing, and keep a laser focus. Remember…anything can happen at any moment in the stock market friends!
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – STEPS TO SUCCESS
1) JOIN OUR FACEBOOK COMMUNITY
Before we get started we want to make sure that you’re a member of our community on Facebook. We want to surround you with great support right from the start. Our massive trading community is a great resource for you to ask questions, and feel comfortable doing it.
Our community is filled with traders from all different backgrounds that are willing to help other members pretty much 24 hours a day. Tim, Dan, Lucien, and our admins do their absolute best to keep all spam and negative comments out of our group. So, come and join us and feel free to ask questions, and participate, or just read and learn.
Join our stock market community!
2) SUBSCRIBE TO OUR YOUTUBE
The Bullish Bears YouTube channel is jam packed with massive amounts of content that will help you to become a profitable trader. We are constantly updating our channel on topics such as day trading strategies, swing trading strategies, and options trading techniques. It’s a huge hub of valuable trading content.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel and stay up to date with our latest content.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – BLOG
3) SUBSCRIBE TO OUR BLOG
We update our blog consistently with free trading content that will help further our members growth. Just like our YouTube channel, we put a lot of emphasis on breaking down the many different topics of trading, in a simplified format, that’s easy to understand.
Subscribe to Our Blog.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – E-BOOK
4) DOWNLOAD OUR FREE E-BOOK
(If you are a current paid Bullish Bears Deluxe member, or you’ve received our free e-book already then feel free to skip this section)
Learning candlesticks patterns will be the absolute cornerstone to becoming a consistent and profitable trader. Candlesticks form important patterns and those patterns form key support and resistance levels. These levels will help point you in the proper direction of where to buy low and sell high which is the foundation to becoming a profitable trader.
We also developed custom candlesticks desktop wallpaper backgrounds that go great on your computer. These wallpaper backgrounds will be a handy resource to keep these patterns fresh in your mind daily as you travel along your journey as a trader.
Download our free candlesticks e-book and wallpaper backgrounds.
5) JOIN OUR TRADE ROOMS – RECEIVE OUR TRADE ALERT SETUPS & WATCH LISTS
(If you are a current paid Bullish Bears Deluxe member, then feel free to skip this section)
The Bullish Bears Team prides ourselves on consistently delivering solid content to our community members. Our day trading room, swing trade room, futures trade room, watch list videos, daily stock watch lists, and trade alerts setups would cost you ($150+ per month) elsewhere. We are only a fraction of that cost!
We encourage you to research other trading companies and alert services. To our knowledge, we haven’t found any company that offers all the content that we do for what we charge. The value that we offer our community members is unprecedented.
Come and join us, shadow other traders, and take what you learn and practice trading in a virtual account until you’re comfortable trading with real money.
Also, we provide a Facebook community of thousands of traders from around the world that are willing to help you, and the ability to reach out to Tim, Dan, and Lucien with any questions.
Click Here and upgrade to our Deluxe membership and gain access to our trade rooms, receive our trade alert setups, and daily watch lists.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – OPEN AN ACCOUNT
6) OPEN A BROKERAGE ACCOUNT
Choosing the right broker will be essential to your trading success. Each broker has its benefits depending on what type of trader that you are. Regardless of whatever broker that you choose, it’s important to open an account with a broker that has a good virtual trading platform.
If you’re doing day trading then Interactive Brokers is a good broker to use, they are cost effective, have very clean order entry, fast trade executions, excellent short selling availability and a plethora of tools.
ThinkorSwim has its limitations for day trading but they have the best charting platform, customer support, and are good overall for swing trading and options trading.
So, it’s a toss up on your preference because both are good brokers to use. We use both.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – FREE COURSES
7) TAKE OUR STOCK MARKET COURSES
If you’re new to trading, then we encourage you to take all of our stock market courses, which are included with your membership. We’ve saved you $3,000+ in upfront startup costs from having to pay another trading company for their trading courses. And, then you have to pay them big bucks for access to their trade rooms and other services, which they might not offer all that we offer and we are only a fraction of the cost!
We are trying to save you money here peeps! Keep it in your pocket or spend it on the tools you need.
It’s important to study at least an hour or two per day for the first few months of getting started with trading. Do not have the false expectations of making money for at least a few months. Yes you can make money right away but you need to build a strong foundation and know what you are doing, you can’t just wing it!
So, the reason that it might take you at least a few months to make money is because there’s a steep learning curve to trading. You might be a faster learner than other traders, but we wanted to make sure that we set the proper expectations that trading is hard and it will take some time to learn, and then implement what you’ve learned effectively.
You can follow this step (taking our stock courses), in conjunction with our other getting started steps, since furthering your trading education will be a continual process.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – READING
8) READING IS ESSENTIAL
Reading is also essential to your growth as a trader. Having the proper mindset, learning about the technical analysis of stocks, and the successes and pitfalls of trading will be critical to your success as a trader.
Read our list of recommended stock market books and pick them up as your budget allows. These books are some of the most popular on learning technical analysis as well as the psychology of trading. Both are essential to a traders success.
9) TRADE IDEAS & BENZINGA
If you want to become successful in any type of business or career, then it’s going to take solid tools that will help you with your growth. Being a successful trader is no different. If you want to become a profitable trader, then you’re going to need reliable tools to help you to succeed. Tools such as a good stock scanner, and breaking news software.
When a stock releases news, it hits the news wires, and then it hits the stock scanners. Our favorite stock scanner is Trade Ideas and our favorite breaking news site is Benzinga.
These tools cost a bit of money, so make sure to only purchase them when you could afford them. It’s important to learn trading first, then add on tools along the way.
Trade Ideas is our stock scanner of choice. Check out our Trade Ideas Review.
TrendSpider is an awesome trend line tool that we love. Check out our TrendSpider Review.
Benzinga is our news wire of choice. Start Your Free Trial of Benzinga News.
HOW TO GET STARTED IN THE STOCK MARKET – PRACTICE
10) VIRTUAL ACCOUNT
It’s important to never trade with real money until you’ve made at least a couple hundred trades in a virtual account first, with a 60-65% profitable win ratio. Make sure to track your trades in a spreadsheet.
Once you’ve achieved this, then you want start trading with real money, while starting off with small positions, and then slowly increasing your position sizes over time. Always treat your virtual account exactly how you’d trade with real money. Use the exact position size, and stops that you’d use with real money, otherwise you’ll be setting yourself up for potential failure when trading with real money.
You’re going to quickly see that the Bullish Bears team isn’t about the money. We are about the people. We are about helping you. YOU are our passion!