Who wouldn’t want to invest in Space X Stock? For those of you who don’t know, Space X has launched. So what’s the scoop on the stock price? Not only is it one of the most valuable private companies in the world at $36 billion, but one of the most desirable to invest in.
In this blog, I’m going to show you new and creative ways to invest in SpaceX stock that you’ve probably never thought of before! It’s time to think outside the box.
Does Space X Have Stock?
- Because Space X is a very “pop culture” company many are wondering if Space X has stock price. The reason behind the massive interest is partially behind Elon Musk’s popularity. and partly because the space exploration craze is taking the world by storm. But you can’t invest in Space X at the moment. However, with Elon Musk at the helm, I wouldn’t be surprised to see SpaceX have a stock price on the exchanges in the future.
What Is SpaceX?
Founded in 2002 by Elon Musk, SpaceX designs manufactures and launches advanced rockets and spacecraft. And to crank things up a notch, SpaceX has one of the most ambitious goals there is: to allow people to live on other planets. Sounds like something that would generate some investments!
Yes, it appears people are interested.
Elon Musks’ brainchild, SpaceX is one of the world’s fastest-growing providers of launch services. To put this in perspective, they’ve already secured over 100 missions, such as commercial satellite launches as well as US government missions.
In total, this represents a mind-boggling amount of over $12 billion secured in contracts.
The Interest in Space X Stock Price Is Staggering
Compared with any other private tech company SpaceX finds money and boatloads of it. According to Robert Hilmer, head of business development at Equidate, SpaceX finds it “the easiest” to raise new funding.
Elon Musk’s space venture brought in $500 million during the last round of financing for his massive satellite constellation. To say people are scrambling to invest in SpaceX is an understatement. They’re practically giving Elon Musk carte blanche access to their bank accounts.
If you’re curious as to who’s opening up their pocketbooks, look no farther than Investing giant, Fidelity. As of a Dec 31/18 SEC filing, they owned 41.7 million shares of SpaceX stock at the cost of $135 per share. Rewind to 2015, and the fundraising numbers will shock you even more.
Notably, SpaceX raised a staggering $1 billion from Google and Fidelity, giving them a combined 10% stake in the company. Check out our trade room for more stock talk.
What Is Spacex up To? Why the Hype?
A lot. What sets SpaceX apart is the impressive list of “firsts” they’ve racked up. After becoming the first private company to put a spaceship in orbit, yes, you read that correctly, Space X continues to impress.
For starters, they were the first private company to launch a payload into orbit and land it’s rocket back on Earth. Secondly, they were first to land a Falcon 9 rocket at sea.
Second, they were first to re-launch a used rocket. Last but not least, they were the first to put together a plan for colonizing Mars. Currently, SpaceX is pouring resources into building BFR – the rocket to take them to Mars, and its array of 4,425 internet satellites which will be used for various scientific and commercial pursuits.
Not to mention, today (May 26) they are launching Falcon 9 rocket with the Crew Dragon spacecraft attached on launch pad 39A at Cape Canaveral in Florida.
What Are Some of Spacex’s Highlights?
So far, the list is impressive, just take a look:
- Elon Musk’s space venture is one of the most valuable private companies worldwide;
- SpaceX began launching Falcon Heavy, the world’s most powerful operational rocket by a factor of two, in 2018;
- Private trips to the Moon, Mars and beyond in SpaceX’s new version of Starship. Starship and it’s super heavy booster will be able to carry up to 100 people to their desired destinations.
$TSLA financials are worth looking over. The report is courtesy of Stock Rover.
How Much Will Spacex Stock Be Worth?
- SpaceX is valued into the billions as a company. They have hundreds of satellites and offer internet services. While that’s what they offer now, they’re going to be offering space exploration as well as living in space to the average person.
How to Buy a Share of Space X Stock?
Sadly, you can’t at this moment buy shares of SpaceX because it is a private company. What this means is that its shares aren’t traded on public markets.
Even Elon Musk has stated multiple times that SpaceX will not go public until the first mars mission is complete. But, there are other ways to buy shares in SpaceX pre-IPO.
Option 1: How to Invest in SpaceX Stock
You can of cause still invest money into SpaceX but not directly. Thanks to Google’s substantial investment in SpaceX, Google’s parent Alphabet now owns a 7.5% stake in SpaceX.
Therefore, it is now possible to invest in SpaceX stock by investing in its part-owner, Alphabet. And as an investor in Alphabet, you get a piece of a bonus, Google, YouTube, the Android operating system, and a self-driving car project.
For those of you worried about affording Alphabet stock (GOOG) – it is at $1216 a share, don’t fret; you have options. And by options, I literally mean options. If you aren’t familiar with options, they are an affordable way to control the rights to 100 shares of a company for a very affordable price.
Contrary to popular belief, options contracts are, in fact, less risky on a risk-reward basis. Don’t forget Robinhood lets you purchase fraction shares.
Option 2: How to Invest in Space X Stock Price
If investing in Google isn’t your cup of tea, some platforms allow you to invest in pre-IPO companies. Take, for example, EquityZen and Forge Global.
Both of these platforms let current stockholders unload their stock options to those investors willing to pay the price.
However, I must warn you; before you go down this route, ensure you do your due diligence. Not all pre-IPO companies will go public or get acquired, and not all IPOs or acquisitions will result in successful investments.
Click here to check out our real time stock alerts.
What Is the Value of Space X Stock Price?
Because an IPO hasn’t happened, it’s impossible to tell you the value of a potential share. But with an estimated 160 million outstanding shares, its share price could be worth $220 in the private stock trading market.
When Will SpaceX Go Public?
- That wait’s to be seen but probably not before 2024. For one thing, the company’s mission to Mars is slated for 2024. And, Elon has made it clear he doesn’t want investors interfering with his timeline. Reading between the lines, this means an IPO most likely is out of the question. In fact, the company has repeatedly denied plans to go public. Moreover, Musk has expressed his biggest fear is that SpaceX could “somehow get taken over by investors who just want to maximize the profit of the company and not go to Mars.”
Space X Stock Conclusion
As you can see, there are other ways to buy shares in companies that are not yet public. Remember how I mentioned options can be a way to do this?
The Bullish Bears has a free trading courses for beginners if you’re interested. In the course you learn the basics of trading options, their components and how to trade them.
Personally, I think options are a fantastic choice for those looking to get a piece of the higher-priced stocks. I recently traded options on Nikola Motors Stock as it is an electric vehicle company that has been crazy volatile in May 2020.
Thanks for reading our Space X Stock post! P.S. You might want to take a look at blue origin who is also headed into space.