All aboard for a TradeStation Broker Review. This award-winning company has been chugging along since it was founded in 1982; originally under the brand name of Omega Research. The TradeStation Brokerage service offers analysis and research tools to accommodate traders of all levels. Experienced technical traders won’t need much of an introduction to this well-established service. They’re known for their proprietary coding language called EasyLanguage.
Is Tradestation a Good Trading Platform & Broker? (Review Breakdown)
- Is TradeStation a good trading platform? Yes they are a good platform and are a U.S. broker. They have evolved to become an online broker using its own clearing firm. This alone made them popular among hardcore active traders to investors.
- The TradeStation platform is available for browser and desktop trading. It also has a mobile app for trading on the go.
- The mobile app is available for both iOS and Android and allows for some customization. Traders can monitor their trades in real time, place orders with one click, analyze their charts, and set up alerts.
- Access to a browser is all that’s needed to access TradeStation Web Trading. Even if traders aren’t at home at their desktop computer, they can still securely login to check on and manage their accounts.
- The desktop version is among the best available. Traders can enter and exit trades rapidly. Tools are available to customize charts, and test and automate trading strategies.
- The interface is very straightforward and user-friendly for beginners. They also offer a wide range of complex features for seasoned traders who may wish to create their own indicators using EasyLanguage.
Check out our trading service and trading room where you’ll learn the tools to use TradeStation.
Bells and Whistles
Our TradeStation review looks at the bells and whistles of this broker. You’ll find a vast library of educational materials at TradeStation University.
Knowledgeable articles, eBooks, and video tutorials are available on a variety of trading topics. All designed to educate traders on the use of trading technology and trading itself.
Radarscreen is customizable and enables traders to monitor in real time up to 1,000 symbols.
OptionStation Pro platform is a comprehensive options analysis system with easy drag-and-drop position management and a slew of advanced features; including integrated probability cones and interactive 3-D position graphs.
Portfolio Maestro is a state-of-the-art backtesting tool that runs on decades of historical data; both daily and intraday. It’s able to handle even the most complex strategies.
For example, it produces Performance, Optimization, Optimization Performance, Order, and Trade Log reports. While enabling traders to do Monte Carlo, Walk Forward, and/or Correlation analysis (watch us do trading live streams each day in our trading rooms).
How Much Does Tradestation Cost per Month in 2022? (Review of Pricing)
- $99.95 per month but it’s waived if you trade 50 contract, have a $10,000 balance or trade 5,000 shares
- TS Select requires a $2,000 minimum deposit and includes $0 commission fees on stocks, etf’s, options, and futures
- Select also has free web trading, mobile apps trading, and desktop trading
- TS GO includes free web trading, mobile apps trading but trading surcharges apply to desktop trading. $0 minimum deposit required.
- Both the TS Select and TS Go plans include free real-time data
Fees are important to traders so our TradeStation review has got you covered. Currently, TradeStation offers individual, joint, IRA, entity, and custodial accounts. Also included are funding options of a check, wire transfer, Smart transfer, or ACAT electronic transfer.
Full info on pricing, including unbundled pricing, tiered plans, and per contract rates can be found at TradeStation. Their rates are comparable to other brokerage firms, and prices are stated outright with no hidden fees.
Check out our penny stocks list for stocks to trade.
As a broker, TradeStation stands out because of its trading platform. And even if their rates aren’t the lowest, you’ll find them as good, if not better, than most popular brokers.
Customer Support, on the other hand, has received excellent reviews. It’s a common complaint among traders to not receive timely responses from their brokers.
Traders can contact their TradeStation broker by phone Monday – Friday from 8 a.m. – 8 p.m. Eastern time. Customer Support is available via live chat and email 24 hours a day between Sunday 3:30 p.m. to Friday 8 p.m. Eastern time (check out a list of the top brokerage firms)
Active Traders: Tradestation Broker Review
The only warning I would give regarding opening an account with TradeStation broker is that it’s geared toward active traders. A part-time trader may find the fees a little too high.
Plus, they may consider the numerous features, functions, and tools to be a bit overwhelming. This broker is ideal for active and experienced traders. As a go-to brokerage for the pros for a long time, with the new reduced account minimum, it became attractive to newbies as well.
Check out our stock alerts for real time trades with entries and exits.
Does Tradestation Have Level 2 Quotes?
- TradeStation offers real-time level 2 quotes for stocks, futures, and options on their free trading platform.
Naturally, you all know that the best trading and stock training comes from your own experience and the know-how of others. I’m talking about both the wisdom of those who have been through the trenches and your own hands-on experience.
The Bullish Bears community offers both.
It was created with the vision of becoming the most trusted stock market trading community in the world. With the mission to give members an honest, realistic, and affordable education in the stock market.
If you need more training in the stock market, then make sure to take the online trading courses (a $3,000 value!). join the team so that you can benefit from the experience of others.
Make sure you take the Bullish Bears courses to completion first before entering any trades.
Our goal is to protect you so that you do not lose your very hard-earned capital. Don’t limit yourself to learning Technical Analysis only. Any technical trader knows a dash of fundamentals goes a long way.
After all, it is just a tool to help you find your edge. And even with a strategy that yields a positive edge, no broker, no software, no platform can teach you discipline and risk management.
Stay on Track
Trading with the Bullish Bears community will help you stay on track until you can trade like a Zen Master. TradeStation and Technical Analysis won’t get you in the zone. But it will inform your trading decisions.
So, let’s go! Subscribe and learn stock trading to be the trader you’re meant to be today!