In our Webull Review you'll discover why they are an extremely underrated broker for the trader or investor. Have you been searching for a good online broker with an incredibly smooth user interface and 100% free trades? Are you tired of the commission fees that eat into your profits year after year? Webull has come a LONG way since it started out as a stand alone app in 2018. We started using them in the last year and have become pretty impressed with what you get! 2020 is looking great for Webull. Can you trade options on Webull? Yes. Now you can.
Is Webull Safe to Use? (App Review Breakdown)
- Webull Financial LLC is a Finra registered broker-dealer located in New York City and is licensed to operate in the entire USA. Yes, their app is safe to use. The company was established in May 2017 and received SEC registration status approval in January 2018. Since then, it has become a big name in the trading world.
The Webull app quickly became a hit with our Facebook group users, and we noticed that more and more Robinhood stock traders were beginning to try them out...and like them!
Some even jumping ship. The main reason being Webull provides a lot more charting and platform features that the Robinhood web platform does not. Webull actually has a software program for your desktop, where Robinhood does not.
The CEO Anthony M. Denier has a lot of global brokerage service experience working with multiple big name firms such as Credit Suisse.
The reputation and direction of the company is solid in our opinion as you'll see in our Webull review. We're giving you the green light to use them if you've been on the fence, it's time to give them a try.
The major draw of the company is the commission free trading in well over 5,000 different stocks and ETFs. Also they have forex and futures! People on Robinhood trading options may want to take a look at Webull too.
Unfortunately there is no Crypto and only limited OTC stocks. As well as mutual funds, bonds, but they are always working on adding more securities.
The options trading feature is now available and the whole team is stoked about it, as its commission free option trading to compete against Robinhood. (learn how to invest in stocks for beginners with little money).
Is Webull Really Free? (2020 Pricing, Fees Review)
- Yes, Webull is really free. Free trades are great right? Yes, of course they are! The fees add up, with other brokers and for active traders with large or small accounts, this is a nice way to grow your account while not paying the buying and selling fees. Another great feature is there is no account maintenance fees, platform fees or data fees.
That's right, no special upgrade to get you into a free app and then charge you for more features. You get what you get and there are no surprise fees. Webull foots the bill.
Furthermore there is no minimum, no charges to open or maintain your account. That is huge for new traders and investors who are just getting started in the process to learn stock trading.
1. Means More Money In Your Pocket
In our Webull review, you'll find that another peace of mind is that they give you is security. Webull uses state-of-the-art security measures when handling your information. Everything is encrypted, and never shared with advertisers. Also I noticed that when you forget your password they have a great two factor system to get your password reset. Customer service is VERY responsive to emails. No complaints whenever I had a question!
Another nice thing is their network. Webull has dedicated network servers and redundancy - and I have never had a network access issue to their platform - which is so important to me being a day trader.
Rest easy, because your cash is insured as Webull Financial is a member of SIPC, which protects securities customers of its members up to $500,000 ( $250,000 of cash).
2. Webull Review: Margin or Cash
We've noticed from other Webull review articles that most people think Webull is just an App. I bet you didn't know they support every type of device. Andriod, Iphone, Web browser, Windows or Mac. They offer two types of accounts, Margin and cash. I am using a margin account currently with them. Look below and you'll see the scoop on what you get with each type of account.
Trading on margins has its pro's and con's. Follow up on margin trading and fully understand it before you start live trading. As always, we recommend you paper trade on any new platform and learn the mechanics too!
Can you short on Webull? Yes! You need at least 2k in a margin account to do so though. Watch our video on how to short a stock to figure out how to short a stock the right way.
3. Webull Desktop Review...I Think It's Awesome.
Once you get started with the Webull app, be sure to download the desktop version. It's actually quite impressive and honestly I was a bit shocked at how nice and smooth it is. Below is a screen shot of the charts screen. I adjusted the moving averages, time frames and zoomed in and out quickly and easily. Other Webull review articles mention this as well.
With the Webull Desktop App you are able to view level 2 data, set advanced orders like stop loss orders, OCO's and take profit orders. You can even trade in the extended hours from 4am if you're an early bird and till 8pm for you night owls.
Is Webull App Good for Beginners? (Review Breakdown)
- Open account, get approved for stocks or options.
- Monitor Net Inflo, Indexes, Most Actives, Top Gainers, Top Losers, Hot ETFs, Sectors with their app - its really one of the best mobile apps for this, period.
- Set Stock Alerts for notifications when a support or resistance level is hit
- A built in stock Screener that is fully customize-able to your favorite conditions, visit the comments sections and see what people are saying and check social sentiment
- Pre-load your orders in multiple windows for speed and accuracy. Placing orders is very simple.
- You can trade options in Webull now in 2020, we are trading options on it right now!
If you're wondering more about the Webull platform their FAQ is pretty handy and robust.
1. Mobile Trading on the Go: Webull App Review
Any trader or investor will appreciate the Webull mobile app. The interface is as good as some of the best well known brokers out there that we have reviewed on our site.
The home page of the mobile app has quick tabs to all the major data a trader or investor needs BUT with some unique differences compared to other apps. Check out a list of the top trading companies.
The big stand outs are the mobile screener which has the same array of settings as the desktop. The marginable section shows you which stocks are borrow-able for shorting - very handy for you bears out there who are looking to short over extended markets.
The 5 minute ranking section finds stocks that are moving NOW - stocks up in the last five minutes. Very similar to the scanner we share on trade ideas.
Is Webull Better Than Robinood?
- Webull and Robinhood are both reputable and good companies. They each offer their positives and negatives. Robinhood doesn't offer a simulator and Webull does. Webull also has some better tools over Robinhood as well.
We've been using Webull now for most of the last few years, and we wish we tried it out sooner. The user interface and market data is quick. Orders execute fast enough for day trading and swing trading.
Though you should always be extra careful when trading volatile stocks, especially low floats. For the investor and swing trader, its a no brainer. There are plenty of indicators for an experienced trader, though there are less than some of the bigger names. We use TrendSpider for charting anyhow.
There's a lot to learn when you first get starting with trading other than just finding the right broker. Knowing how to trade properly and manage risk is very important. Also, knowing the different types of trading styles and how they work is very important as well. We teach you all of the in's and out's of trading in our free courses. Make sure to register for free below!
Becoming a member of our trading service community, you’re not just learning how you can make money in the stock market. You’re joining a movement built to help and protect you by showing you that anyone can learn to trade and manage risk.