Trade Ideas scanner is the best scanner for day trading, to hunt for gap and go stocks, momentum plays, and pretty much any trading style.
Trade Ideas Scanner
The Trade Ideas Scanner is our single most used gappers scanner. Trade Ideas will help you find exactly what you are looking for. You can find the morning gap up stocks, runners all day, and after hours. By the way you can check out our Trade Ideas scanner before you buy it by subscribing to our community. Save 15% off using promo code “bullishbears” at checkout.
Read below and I'll give you some tips on how to use it.
Save 15% off using promo code “bullishbears” at checkout.
What Is a Trading Scanner? Trade Ideas
- Trade Ideas is a trading scanner that hunts for any type of stock criteria
- Great for gap and go and momentum plays
- Also a great screener for options plays
- Filter by popular sectors like 420, penny stocks
- Full customization
As a trader I am already juggling different aspects of the profession. Watching my chat rooms, my charts, and listening to Benzinga’s live audio news, I need a scanner layout that is simple to navigate, easy to read, and has all the data I need in one place. I don’t want to be googling or analyzing additional aspects of the stock if it hits the scanner.
My process is to glance, interpret, and trade. Trade Ideas certainly fits the bill. For example, their high of day momentum scanner takes the guesswork out of finding trades with massive relative volume, high social media sentiment, hitting new highs of the day (intraday), traders like to look for stocks hitting new highs intra-day for “dip buys” or daily breakouts, or continuation patterns.
Trade Ideas Scanner Tracks Price Action Well
Knowing which stocks are running hot and fast, and when, is key to being a successful day trader! We want good price action, volatility, and volume. Trade Ideas scanner finds them all. You’ll notice above the column “prints” and this is key to see how many trades are made each day on the stock.
Are there are lot individual daily transactions on the stock? If so, it could be more attractive to traders because there are more overall transactions that go along with all that daily volume.
How to Use Trade Ideas Scanner: Video Tutorial
1. Gappers Scanner
- SURGE – Surge looks at volume. Check this channel out to focus on stocks to swing and day trade with high relative volume. Great data on this channel as we know volume moves stocks!
- SWING IDEAS – This Trade Ideas scanner is for swing traders ONLY! Well, Day traders might like this too, because you can take advantage of the setup and sell before the end of the day. But these are stocks where “Dip Buys” or major resistance crosses are happening in real time.
- SECTOR ETF’S – This channel looks specifically at the sectors, and the stocks that are popular within those sectors. Experienced investors and traders know about sector rotation and pay attention to what sectors are hot and not.
- LOW FLOAT – These are the most volatile and lowest float stocks in the market. Trade these with caution and know when to take your profit/stop out because these will likely have a wide daily range if they are on this scanner! Windows in here are called “Low float stocks pulling back” and “Low float stocks making moves”.
- TRADE SCANNER & THE GAP – This is a basic scanner that looks at the gap up and gap down patterns.
2. Long Term Options Scanner
Tim updates his longer term options picks every 1-2 weeks under our Next Level Training Library. This private playlist is exclusive to paid "Deluxe Yearly" members only under our "next level training" video library. These are Tim's hand picked long term swing trades (typically 1 to 6 months trades).
Tim also shows you the major trends of the indexes (SPY, DOW, GOLD). He shares his exact swing trades in a weekly video covering entries and profit target levels for the stock. Charts and updates are shared in the swing trade room and weekly check in's are posted. Watch these weekly videos to master the art of credit and debit spreads for long term swing trading. Read More
Trade Ideas scanner is great for finding long term plays.
Day Trading & Swing Trading Options
If you want to know how to best use the scanner come join us live. We will show you the way to get the most out of it. We also have live stream replays of when we day trade options on the major indices as well as large cap stocks. Real-time chart analysis, including angular and horizontal support and resistance levels before we enter and exit a trade.
I use custom fibonacci retracement levels that show where a stock may potentially retrace to in order to get best entries and exits. Did you know Trade Ideas has a Fibonacci scanner?! They do!
Real-time stock trading screen share of when we enter and exit a trade. Private playlist updated weekly. We also provide lots of free stock training to our community members. Subscribe to our real-time stocks alerts.
Are Trade Ideas Free?
- Trade Ideas offers a free trade of the week to your inbox
- We post Trade Ideas daily gappers for free each morning on our website by 9:15 am.
Scanner Channels: Trade Ideas Scanner
What is great about the Trade Ideas scanner is it has a lot of variety in regards to the different strategies and focus of the individual trader. The different settings you’ll find on the channel bar are: HOLLY GRAIL – An AI focused trade bot. When the market closes, Holly will start analyzing the the stock market’s best setups.
- HOLLY 2.0 – This is similar to the original Holly, but the strategies have been tweaked to be more aggressive with regards to speculation. H-2.0 is designed to look for the strategies that the Original Holly may of overlooked.
- NEO – This is a more visual graphed version of Holly. Every trade will have a entry, stop, and profit charted out. What makes it great about all 3 of these Holly channels is they document every trade, and post it on the individual window of the channel. So you can see how well the different Holly’s are performing each day.
- REGIONAL BANKS – This Trade Ideas scanner looks at the banking sector. With rising interest rates, and pundits calling for rates to be raised further, we should see the banking sector stocks to continue to rise. $XLF is the ETF associated with this sector (learn how to open an investment account).
- ALPHA PREDATOR – This channel looks for stocks with volatility, and opportunity.
- BLOCKCHAIN & CRYPTOCURRENCY – Like the name suggests, this channel focuses on stocks that are associated with these technologies. It is a growing sector as stocks such as $SQ and $NVDA have gotten into this world, the popularity of this channel should grow. Tip: Watch the price of Bitcoin to see if this sector moves along with it!
- SHORT SQUEEZE – This is full of stocks with high short interest, that are also getting a pop in price, because shorts are covering.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – This channel simply looks at the social sentiments of stocks. By analyzing message volume, and price action, the categories are broken down into bearish and bullish sentiments. Really cool channel!
Trade Ideas Scanner Earnings
- PRICE MOVEMENT DOWN – Like to short? Good! This is your home now. Short these stocks making moves to the downside. Like to trade reversals? GREAT! This is a great place to wait for a falling wedge breakout, or a double bottom. Get it!
- EARNINGS – Like trading earnings reports? This is the scanner for you. Find all the movers from ER’s in the last few days, today, or coming up.
- TRENDING NOW – Ever hear the trend is your friend? It’s true! Find stocks that are trending, look for a dip buy, and ride the trend (always have a plan!)
- CHINA – Chinese and US Markets are very intertwined. Here are the companies with a strong relationship to the nation of CHINA!
- PRICE MOVEMENT UP – Like to long stocks? These are stocks with bullish price action. Like shorting rising wedges when they break down? GREAT! Check the charts here and see if any are ready to break down offering a good short or put potential.
- BIOTECHS – Some people exclusively like trading biotechs – they are extremely volatile, and speculative sometimes. But this offers great opportunity for the trader. Check out this channel if this is you.
- 420 IN PLAY – These are often biotechs, but sometimes they are just pure cannabis companies specializing in the marijuana industry. These stocks are very temperamental to legislation in Canada and the US right now, and are often pump and dumps. But not always. Trade the charts, not emotions!
- FUNDAMENTALS – Stocks with high EPS, Highest Quarterly growth, and hidden high alpha gems can be found here. Good fundamentals often equal good charts, so use your charting skills paired with good fundamentals and you will have a winning combination!
- PENNY MOVERS – These are stocks between .25 cents and 5 bucks. You’ll find the stocks in this category with the highest momentum. Great for the beginner trader trying to build a small account, or the experienced trader who likes the volatility of the smaller cap stocks.
- TECH TITANS – These are all the hottest and strongest stocks in tech. As you know, tech has moved the market in a major way the last few years. Companies like $AMZN $GOOGL $MSFT
- METALS – all focused on commodity driven stocks – Silver, Platinum, copper, gold! Get it here!
- ENERGY – If energy stocks are on the move, check this scanner to find which ones are currently breaking out or setting up for a day trade or swing trade.
- INFRASTRUCTURE – This channel deals with stocks that support the construction industries. Basic Materials, machines, tools.
- OPTIONS – If you are an options trader you are going to be looking at this channel to find unusual volume with calls and puts.
- VOLUME – Here you will find the highest volume stocks of the day, both up and down. Windows here are named “volume thrust” “insane volume” and “moving up on volume”.
Trade Ideas Scanner After Hours
- CHANNEL 4 – This channel is absolutely LOADED with windows! They launch small, but you can expand them. These are all windows that the “Pros” who use trade ideas have created and shared.
- ETF FOCUSED – This is great for those who might be looking at re balancing their portfolios from time to time with the trending ETFs. If you want to learn about the major movements of ETFs this is where its at.
- AFTER HOURS – Here we will see whats going down after the bell. Earnings reports, news after hours, whatever is causing stocks to move after 4pm, this is where you want to monitor it. Some traders will trade stocks after the bell to get a jump on the next days morning rush. Also, check out our stock trading tools, and don't forget to check our website for the Trade Ideas scanner gappers!